Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: deanwork on June 05, 2020, 04:28:48 pm

Title: Silver Rag?
Post by: deanwork on June 05, 2020, 04:28:48 pm
Is this the old Crane Silver Rag aka Intellicoat Silver Rag ?

I know Canon years was selling it labeled as Polished Rag.

If this is the same product that’s a damn good price.

https://www.lexjet.com/canon-polished-rag-silk-44in-x-50ft
Title: Re: Silver Rag?
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on June 06, 2020, 03:24:20 pm
Only way to tell is to test it.  I did some testing for Museo years ago when the switched paper suppliers.  I only asked for 10 or so letter size sheets and they sent me a roll of paper!!  I found no difference between the old and new paper stock.  I printed three sheets of random color patches along with a 51 step B/W patch set, read them with an i1 spectro and compared the two sets of readings there was no difference between the two.  Maybe there are other ways to do such a test but I found this to be the easiest.  It will not tell you anything about print permanency.

Alan