Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: haidergill on June 05, 2020, 08:22:16 am

Title: Epson R800 Reboot
Post by: haidergill on June 05, 2020, 08:22:16 am
Hi,

I haven't used my Epson R800 in a couple of years but bought some ink cartridges the other day. Is their a routine or something I should follow before I start printing on it? I'll carry out a few print runs, nozzle checks and few cleaning runs before any 'proper' prints.

Thanks
Haider
Title: Re: Epson R800 Reboot
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 05, 2020, 09:01:11 am
I would start with a nozzle check, and then a clean cycle only if there is a problem, and one more nozzle check. If the check still isn't clean, leave the printer overnight before repeating the process.

My R800 goes unused for a couple of months at a time with no problems. Only on a couple of occasions when I have forgotten to do a nozzle check has it given me a bad print.

Good luck.