Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: KMRennie on June 02, 2020, 06:01:44 pm

Title: Another small waterfall from Skye
Post by: KMRennie on June 02, 2020, 06:01:44 pm
Taken April 2019 when the water levels were extremely low. This fall is on the Allt Dearg Mor stream on the Sligachan to Glenbrittle track. Ken
Title: Re: Another small waterfall from Skye
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 03, 2020, 05:18:18 am
I like the sombre and tempestuous mood.
Title: Re: Another small waterfall from Skye
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on June 03, 2020, 05:39:34 am
I like the sombre and tempestuous mood.

+1

Dave
Title: Re: Another small waterfall from Skye
Post by: francois on June 03, 2020, 07:39:18 am
I agree with above comments. This place deserves the mood!
Superb image…
Title: Re: Another small waterfall from Skye
Post by: rgs on June 03, 2020, 10:28:55 am
Beautifully done!
Title: Re: Another small waterfall from Skye
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 03, 2020, 11:54:39 am
Yes.
Title: Re: Another small waterfall from Skye
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 03, 2020, 01:57:17 pm
Excellent. I speculate that the water levels didn't stay extremely low for much longer.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Another small waterfall from Skye
Post by: RSL on June 03, 2020, 02:17:57 pm
Well done, Ken. Love it.
Title: Re: Another small waterfall from Skye
Post by: langier on June 03, 2020, 06:00:32 pm
+1!
Title: Re: Another small waterfall from Skye
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on June 04, 2020, 03:49:10 am
Beautiful, Ken! :) Best regards,

Vieri
Title: Re: Another small waterfall from Skye
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on June 05, 2020, 02:37:58 pm
Excellent. I speculate that the water levels didn't stay extremely low for much longer.

Jeremy

The area where Ken took this moody shot, is probably yet another one of my favourite shooting locations on the island and is always a great place to spend a few happy hours working your way up Allt Dearg Mor river, with its many interesting rocky waterfalls and cascades etc. And yes you are quite correct Jeremy, that the best time to be here is just after a good long torrential downpour, which as you may also know, we never seem to run out of those in Scotland  ;)

But as I always tell people who ask me about photographing up here and the weather, that it is often when the weather has just passed being at its worst, that the photography then becomes at its best - as shown by Ken's excellently moody image above.

Dave
Title: Re: Another small waterfall from Skye
Post by: KMRennie on June 06, 2020, 09:49:32 am
Thanks everyone for the comments. This image was taken at 7:30am about an hour after sunrise and the light was already quite harsh. I am trying to rescue the images taken later than this but I am having difficulty coping with the strong sunlight. Jeremy I was here for a week and the water levels continued to drop with no rain. Ken