Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on May 30, 2020, 03:33:47 pm

Title: dunes
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 30, 2020, 03:33:47 pm
Going back through old photos. This one is from 2012.

Thoughts?

Jeremy
Title: Re: dunes
Post by: armand on May 30, 2020, 04:30:08 pm
Long time ago! I would lose the top 5% and see how it looks, I think it will increase the isolation of the tree if you don't know what's behind those dunes.
Title: Re: dunes
Post by: Peter McLennan on May 30, 2020, 06:47:14 pm
Long time ago! I would lose the top 5% and see how it looks, I think it will increase the isolation of the tree if you don't know what's behind those dunes.

Agreed.  I'd go wild and chop 10%  :)
Title: Re: dunes
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 30, 2020, 07:03:13 pm
Agreed.  I'd go wild and chop 10%  :)
I think I would also.
I would keep the shadow area on the left, hust above the main dune, because it balances the tree in the lower right, but I'd crop away all above that point.

Is this one of the Death Valley dune areas?
Title: Re: dunes
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 31, 2020, 03:12:59 pm
I can see the sense in the crop.

Eric, yes: it's near Stovepipe Wells. I had a wonderful couple of hours there.

Jeremy
Title: Re: dunes
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 31, 2020, 04:54:22 pm
I can see the sense in the crop.

Eric, yes: it's near Stovepipe Wells. I had a wonderful couple of hours there.

Jeremy
That was my best dune area, too.