Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Mark Nadler on May 28, 2020, 04:49:05 pm

Title: Crashing Wave
Post by: Mark Nadler on May 28, 2020, 04:49:05 pm
Comments welcomed.

mark
Title: Re: Crashing Wave
Post by: brandtb on May 28, 2020, 10:06:05 pm
Really great energy, color, illumination, and subject...powerful. I think that "dark/black strip" on left is a bit of an "orphan"...and not sure that really contributes anything other than that it was just  part of the tableau. I would look at it with 2/10ths+ cropped off the left as an option.
Title: Re: Crashing Wave
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 29, 2020, 11:15:19 am
Excellent shot, and I'm jealous.
I have hundreds of surf shots, none of which have anything like the character of this one.
Title: Re: Crashing Wave
Post by: RSL on May 29, 2020, 11:47:47 am
A really fine shot, Mark.
Title: Re: Crashing Wave
Post by: Mark Nadler on May 30, 2020, 02:36:02 am
brandtb, I will try your suggestion.  Might also create better balance in the image.

Eric, like you, I also have many ok wave images.  I lucked out on this one. 

Thanks, RSL.

mark
Title: Re: Crashing Wave
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 30, 2020, 04:01:42 am
Excellent - everything about it. I wouldn't change it at all. Make a (very) large print.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Crashing Wave
Post by: Peter McLennan on May 30, 2020, 10:39:08 am
Agreed. Excellent. BFP on your wall, too.
Title: Re: Crashing Wave
Post by: francois on May 31, 2020, 10:40:00 am
I like it as it is… Good shot.
Title: Re: Crashing Wave
Post by: Mark Nadler on May 31, 2020, 04:58:47 pm
Thanks Jeremy, Peter, and francois.  I was hoping you guys thought it was good enough
to hang.

mark