Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Kern on May 28, 2020, 01:47:37 pm

Title: Wabi-Sabi?
Post by: Chris Kern on May 28, 2020, 01:47:37 pm
Peppercorns

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49942542962_c6825f736a_c_d.jpg)
Title: Re: Wabi-Sabi?
Post by: francois on May 31, 2020, 10:38:31 am
Great textures and I also like the composition.
Title: Re: Wabi-Sabi?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 31, 2020, 04:57:59 pm
Great textures and I also like the composition.
+1.
Title: Re: Wabi-Sabi?
Post by: Chris Kern on May 31, 2020, 06:24:43 pm
Thank you, gentle men.

As I mentioned earlier in another thread (https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=134378.msg1172551#msg1172551), I recently acquired a macro lens for my Fuji X-T3, and have happily been shooting focus-stack sequences of various small subjects.

When you get close enough, you see things that aren't otherwise readily apparent.  This offers a new level of meaning to Garry Winogrand's famous statement about making photographs to see what things look like when photographed.