Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: David Eckels on May 27, 2020, 11:48:50 am

Title: Sophie
Post by: David Eckels on May 27, 2020, 11:48:50 am
C&C appreciated
Title: Re: Sophie
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 27, 2020, 07:58:43 pm
It's (or should I say "She") is wild.
I like it.
Title: Re: Sophie
Post by: Peter McLennan on May 27, 2020, 08:55:40 pm
Me, too.  Good seeing.
Title: Re: Sophie
Post by: Rob C on May 28, 2020, 03:53:23 am
Newtune's wavy girlfriend?

Like these kinds of things. You see them all around, but only when someone photographs them and brings them to the attention of your nose do you actually get to think about them, appreciate the many things that life offers if you but look.

Photography is a great tool for doing that.

Nice!
Title: Re: Sophie
Post by: David Eckels on May 28, 2020, 11:15:13 am
Thanks, gentlemen. Useful aesthetic feedback!
Title: Re: Sophie
Post by: Peter McLennan on May 28, 2020, 03:34:02 pm
Newtune's wavy girlfriend?

Like these kinds of things. You see them all around, but only when someone photographs them and brings them to the attention of your nose do you actually get to think about them, appreciate the many things that life offers if you but look.

Photography is a great tool for doing that.

Nice!

Agreed, Rob.   Looking is not the same as seeing.
Title: Re: Sophie
Post by: John R on May 29, 2020, 12:10:45 am
I have to be honest, when I first saw this image, I saw it as an abstract. When I studied it closer, I realized it may be a bust with breasts. But going with my initial thoughts, I still think it's chief merit is an abstract that evokes thoughts of the sea.

JR
Title: Re: Sophie
Post by: David Eckels on May 29, 2020, 09:25:52 am
Thanks, John. I'm glad I drew you in. Don't show me the bust/breasts; if you do, I'll never be able to see anything else!  ;D
Title: Re: Sophie
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 29, 2020, 11:00:30 am
Thanks, John. I'm glad I drew you in. Don't show me the bust/breasts; if you do, I'll never be able to see anything else!  ;D
Do I dare go back and revisit all of John's great images? What might I see in them now, if I do?    ;D