Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Michael West on May 26, 2020, 06:01:53 pm

Title: Adobe Background Apps Eating Ram..do I need them running
Post by: Michael West on May 26, 2020, 06:01:53 pm


(https://i.ibb.co/dLqQhMB/Screen-Shot-2020-05-26-at-2-53-19-PM.png)

can i safely run Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop..without these apps running in the background?

I got this reply from adobe.

Anupriya
The activation of apps is through /creative Cloud desktop app and the background services, and also syncing as if the fonts, the CC libraries.



Title: Re: Adobe Background Apps Eating Ram..do I need them running
Post by: kers on May 27, 2020, 05:55:53 am
yes, as long you don't need the cloud.

- Ram is very cheap at the moment; 16GB ram less than 100$

I don't know your situation, but maybe you can buy some extra; If  you need compressed ram - or worse- the swap disk, things can take up to 6x longer.
Title: Re: Adobe Background Apps Eating Ram..do I need them running
Post by: digitaldog on May 27, 2020, 12:35:00 pm
yes, as long you don't need the cloud.
And from time to time he will as the software must 'phone home' from time to time.
Title: Re: Adobe Background Apps Eating Ram..do I need them running
Post by: Michael West on May 30, 2020, 01:00:49 pm
yes, as long you don't need the cloud.

- Ram is very cheap at the moment; 16GB ram less than 100$

I don't know your situation, but maybe you can buy some extra; If  you need compressed ram - or worse- the swap disk, things can take up to 6x longer.

I just  "Got" that the major part of my memory hog problem was not adobe app related at all but rather the fact that i was leaving a massive number of browser windows open "in the background"

Thanks All