Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 26, 2020, 10:12:55 am

Title: Our Anniversary
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 26, 2020, 10:12:55 am
Sunday was a beautiful day here in Newton, MA, and it was our 51st wedding anniversary.
Our son and his lady friend came over to visit with us in our backyard, and our son brought his 'cello, and played for us the first movement of Bach's C-major 'cello suite. It was a real treat for us.

Later that afternoon we watched Yoyo Ma perform all six suites live.

Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: RSL on May 26, 2020, 10:30:26 am
Wonderful stuff, Eric. Too bad about the mask. Irony.
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 26, 2020, 02:45:17 pm
Wonderful stuff, Eric. Too bad about the mask. Irony.
Thanks, Russ.
That's just the way it is these days.
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: John R on May 26, 2020, 03:27:06 pm
One is immediately drawn to the mask, but it immediately recedes when you tell the whole story. Let the music and memories play on Eric.

JR
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 26, 2020, 06:49:33 pm
Thanks, John.

Our picnic table is so small that we agreed that dinner together wasn't a good idea. So we had a lovely visit (with music) in our back yard, and then they went home and we all got together on Zoom to chat over our respective desserts.

Given the circumstances, it was the nicest day I can imagine.
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: MattBurt on May 27, 2020, 01:17:41 am
Congratulations! Nice work making the most of it in strange times too.
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 27, 2020, 02:29:58 am
Congratulations, Eric and Naomi.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 27, 2020, 03:47:17 am
Congratulations!

Quite an accomplishment these days. I wish more people would take “till death do us part” seriously.
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on May 27, 2020, 06:29:29 am
Lovely! And a great photograph, too.
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on May 27, 2020, 07:21:41 am
Congratulations Eric.
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: KLaban on May 27, 2020, 07:54:10 am
My wife and I are mere newly weds at 47 years!

;-)

Eric and Naomi, here's wishing you many congratulations!
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: BernardLanguillier on May 27, 2020, 08:29:41 am
Congratulations Eric!!!

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 27, 2020, 08:34:41 am
Thank you for all the good greetings, friends.

I think in some ways the isolation of the pandemic has been less of a drag for me than for most other people, because when I got my kidney transplant in early March, I knew I would be largely out of commission for a few months, but I couldn't guess that everyone else would, too. And electronics has made it possible to keep in contact with many friends.

The unexpected concert by our son on a beautiful spring day was just frosting on the cake.

-Eric
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: Rob C on May 27, 2020, 09:22:58 am
Must be the season.

Congrats, Eric, and today marks what would have been my 60th Anniversary.

Together, we only made 48 years before that grim reaper came visiting. Best years I can imagine. Wouldn't have swapped her for all the world. Enjoy whilst you may, folks.

Rob
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 27, 2020, 09:34:45 am
Congratulations!

Me and the missus will be celebrating our 30th anniversary next July 28.
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: RSL on May 27, 2020, 09:51:36 am
68 coming up in December.
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 27, 2020, 10:17:17 am
Must be the season.

Congrats, Eric, and today marks what would have been my 60th Anniversary.

Together, we only made 48 years before that grim reaper came visiting. Best years I can imagine. Wouldn't have swapped her for all the world. Enjoy whilst you may, folks.

Rob
It's a good day to bring back memories of all the good times.
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 27, 2020, 10:18:23 am
Congratulations!

Me and the missus will be celebrating our 30th anniversary next July 28.
May the next 30 be the best ever, Paulo!
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 27, 2020, 10:20:02 am
68 coming up in December.
With luck we may be out of quarantine by then, so you can really celebrate.
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: RSL on May 27, 2020, 10:55:40 am
It's a good day to bring back memories of all the good times.

Every day is that kind of day, Eric.
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: James Clark on May 27, 2020, 12:03:25 pm
Congrats, Eric :)
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: Rob C on May 27, 2020, 12:09:45 pm
It's a good day to bring back memories of all the good times.

That's true; today I decided the hell with cardiologists, and had a second glass of wine with my lunch. I remember times when the second bottle stood nose down in the cooler. Fortunately, I hadn't had the heart attacks yet! Nor any beta blockers.

Some advise against any living in the past, but when that past brings priceless memories, the hell with such advice!

;-)
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: rabanito on May 27, 2020, 12:59:34 pm
Congrats, Master  :)
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 27, 2020, 07:55:28 pm
Thank you all!

Good memories are worth having, especially if the present still has some appeal.

I remember way back during the Cold War I asked my brother "Why would anyone want to survive a nuclear war?"
And his answer was: "To see what happens next!"    :-\
Title: Re: Our Anniversary
Post by: Rob C on May 28, 2020, 04:15:11 am
Thank you all!

Good memories are worth having, especially if the present still has some appeal.

I remember way back during the Cold War I asked my brother "Why would anyone want to survive a nuclear war?"
And his answer was: "To see what happens next!"    :-\


Your brother is as curious as a cat is supposed to be curious. Personally, I tend to think I'd side with the implication within your question. I've seen Mad Max, and trust me, I'd not have been a survivor. And with today's car technology, neither would Max; raise the hood, and unless you have the factory, you may as well just walk away from whatever stopped the engine if it didn't just run out of gas.