Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Rob C on May 26, 2020, 08:54:31 am

Title: Photographic Advice
Post by: Rob C on May 26, 2020, 08:54:31 am
Perhaps the best song I know advising us how to approach out thing:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uAHR7_VZdRw

:-)
Title: Re: Photographic Advice
Post by: Tony Ovens on May 27, 2020, 05:46:05 am
Hey Rob
You come up with some great music. Very calming this one!
Thanks.
Tony
Title: Re: Photographic Advice
Post by: Rob C on May 27, 2020, 09:25:23 am
Hey Rob
You come up with some great music. Very calming this one!
Thanks.
Tony

Though I can neither sing nor play anything, music has bookmarked my life. Watching American Graffiti pretty much had me in tears. I kid you not.
Title: Re: Photographic Advice
Post by: James Clark on May 27, 2020, 12:04:19 pm
Though I can neither sing nor play anything, music has bookmarked my life. Watching American Graffiti pretty much had me in tears. I kid you not.

I've always had an affinity for music, have always wanted to learn to play (and actually can READ music, oddly enough), and my wife (BFA in musical theatre from one of the best programs in the world) claims I have good musical instincts, but still haven't found the time.

Have you seen High Fidelity?  Sort of a defining "music movie" of my generation, but I think you'd appreciate it. 
Title: Re: Photographic Advice
Post by: Rob C on May 27, 2020, 04:08:59 pm
I've always had an affinity for music, have always wanted to learn to play (and actually can READ music, oddly enough), and my wife (BFA in musical theatre from one of the best programs in the world) claims I have good musical instincts, but still haven't found the time.

Have you seen High Fidelity?  Sort of a defining "music movie" of my generation, but I think you'd appreciate it.

Hi, yes! I also loved Grosse Pointe Blank a lot. (I have always carried a ball point pen since; my legal version of security by Smith & Wesson...) Suzi Quatro hails from there. He always seemed to me to have been terribly underrated as an actor.

My favourite music film - documentary, really - is Jazz on a Summer's Day from Bert Stern. I saw it six times mainly because of Chuck Berry's controversial stage appearance at the Newport, Rhode Island Jazz Festival of '58 where he performed Sweet Little Sixteen on a stage with largely disapproving jazz musos. Ironically, I think he got the biggest applause from the crowd. Turns out Keith Richards saw it six times too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud8peXosPLg