Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: D. King on December 06, 2006, 02:30:16 pm
-
I noticed that when I take a shot of the blue sky in order to check the sensor after cleaning it I get some noticible vignetting at all focal lengths. Is this a problem iwth the lense or ?
Thanks
-
Are you using a 5d? if so this is normal, DXO optics is a quick solution that works well. It is my primary raw converter. Only a guess but I think the 5d exacerbates vignetting because of the higher dynamic range, the FF sensor and a F4.0 lens. A non issue if you use DXO.
Marc
-
Or PTLens, an inexpensive Photoshop plug in.
http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/ (http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/)
Carl
-
Or PTLens, an inexpensive Photoshop plug in.
http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/ (http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/)
Carl
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89078\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes it is a 5D. Thanks for the info guys.
-
Or PTLens, an inexpensive Photoshop plug in.
http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/ (http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/)
Carl
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=89078\")
LensFix ([a href=\"http://www.kekus.com]kekus.com[/url]) is the equivalent if you use a Mac.
Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop both have vignetting correction tools. Some other RAW converters like Bibble have also implemented this feature.
-
If you shoot RAW, you can fix vignetting in ACR, which is preferable to doing it later in PS, especially if you crop asymmetrically. If you fix vignetting after cropping, the fix won't work right, since all lens correction tools assume an uncropped image. Stopping down will typically reduce vignetting also.