Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: JoeKitchen on May 24, 2020, 11:21:11 pm

Title: Re: Topic: New York Times Front Page for Sunday, May 24 (Read 80 times)
Post by: JoeKitchen on May 24, 2020, 11:21:11 pm
D
Title: Re: Topic: New York Times Front Page for Sunday, May 24 (Read 80 times)
Post by: LesPalenik on May 24, 2020, 11:58:42 pm
Yes, it is baffling that no meaningful statistics are available in these days.
As each death is recorded and linked to the person, it should be easy to get data as to the age group, possible infection origin, any other disease present, BMI, sex, race, etc.
Title: Re: Topic: New York Times Front Page for Sunday, May 24 (Read 80 times)
Post by: Frans Waterlander on May 25, 2020, 01:28:01 am
Chris Kern said: "...it is one of the most highly respected news publications..." Really? Respected by whom? The progressive left maybe.
Title: Re: Topic: New York Times Front Page for Sunday, May 24 (Read 80 times)
Post by: Frans Waterlander on May 25, 2020, 01:30:01 am
Yes, it is buffling that no meaningful statistics are available in these days.
As each death is recorded and linked to the person, it should be easy to get data as to the age group, possible infection origin, any other disease present, BMI, sex, race, etc.
Statistics are available if you just look for them.
Title: Re: Re: Topic: New York Times Front Page for Sunday, May 24 (Read 80 times)
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 25, 2020, 05:04:56 am
Probably the most idiotic front page in the history of NYT (or any newspaper).
Title: Re: Re: Topic: New York Times Front Page for Sunday, May 24 (Read 80 times)
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 25, 2020, 05:09:03 am
Quote
*For those of you who may not be entirely familiar with the Times, it's one of three newspapers that has genuinely nationwide circulation in the United States and, more than that, it is one of the most highly respected news publications internationally.  The paper's front page is watched closely by almost every major print or broadcast news organization in this country as a standard for what constitutes significant news.  For that matter, many English-speaking news professionals everywhere in the world regularly read the Times, as do officials of many governments.

Absolutely scary!

That a commie propaganda has such world-wide respect.
Title: Re: Topic: New York Times Front Page for Sunday, May 24 (Read 80 times)
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 25, 2020, 10:33:18 am
Politics and Covid in close proximity, chaps. Have a care.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Topic: New York Times Front Page for Sunday, May 24 (Read 80 times)
Post by: faberryman on May 25, 2020, 11:58:54 am
Chris Kern said: "...it is one of the most highly respected news publications..." Really? Respected by whom? The progressive left maybe.
Which newspapers are respected by the right?
Title: Re: Topic: New York Times Front Page for Sunday, May 24 (Read 80 times)
Post by: Frans Waterlander on May 25, 2020, 12:45:40 pm
Which newspapers are respected by the right?
I personally don't trust any newspaper, but least of all the NYT and WAPO.
Title: Re: Re: Topic: New York Times Front Page for Sunday, May 24 (Read 80 times)
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 25, 2020, 12:50:53 pm
Which newspapers are respected by the right?

Speaking about me personally, I do not grant a blind trust to any newspaper or media. I am a sceptic. I might trust a bit more the Wall Street Journal though. I tend to scan at least two news aggregators (Apple News has a human editor, and Microsoft News uses AI supposedly), BBC, and even CNN (gasp!). Through aggregators, I would read articles by the New York Times and Washington Post, among others. If I find a fair presentation of facts and reasonable opinions, even if leftie, I do not care if it comes from NYT, WaPo or even CNN.
Title: Re: Topic: New York Times Front Page for Sunday, May 24 (Read 80 times)
Post by: John Camp on May 25, 2020, 05:27:09 pm
I bought the paper, I plan to keep it as a souvenir. I have papers from the Kennedy assassination and 911, and I think this is probably having a greater impact that either of those events, although it might not lead to wars as 911 did. (And some think that if Kennedy had lived, we might not have gotten as deeply into Vietnam as we did.)

[Political content deleted by moderator]