Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: ChanceKeso on May 22, 2020, 04:59:06 pm

Title: Glacial Memories - Alaska - 2018
Post by: ChanceKeso on May 22, 2020, 04:59:06 pm
Hey everyone, longtime member/lurker here. Thought I would finally get around to showing some of my work here. Hope you're all staying safe during these strange times.

During these days of Covid-19 and quarantine, it’s given me time to sit down and go back through my archives. It’s a fun thing to sit down and go back through your older work with a fresh set of eyes and ideas. I went back to some of my photos of Alaska. They had been on my mind for a few days after working on some photos of a dark forest scene. I kept thinking about how could I add some more darkness and mood into those photos of Alaska. I wanted them to have a cold and dark overall feel to them.

(https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5b9686151137a618f2786bde/1589587096714-8YFFDHM0DBTJ4P90V6G8/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kPEbcgQRuY-z0q_XLcN3hWYUqsxRUqqbr1mOJYKfIPR7LoDQ9mXPOjoJoqy81S2I8PaoYXhp6HxIwZIk7-Mi3Tsic-L2IOPH3Dwrhl-Ne3Z2P9jzmay-FEwHODQ-nOAu7utnGBlmblpxtMxzdz6ZA0xm0nepH0bYFh4DTA4Bp5g2/_CLK3972.jpg?format=1500w)

(https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5b9686151137a618f2786bde/1589587096723-53IEW9WFPCZ2D7VP2DMI/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kJK4Mm1kch8SFO9ZNkN1NT97gQa3H78H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLfrh8O1z5QHyNOqBUUEtDDsRWrJLTmFk_H6M1tkD9NpL7mXac0oVSXdFfjxR5AjcLwGSebOiGBsFzzcw3xKxvyC_6CFFG_/_CLK3971.jpg?format=1500w)

(https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5b9686151137a618f2786bde/1589587105592-2N6HSEC3BJ72W545VWLS/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kJK4Mm1kch8SFO9ZNkN1NT97gQa3H78H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLfrh8O1z5QHyNOqBUUEtDDsRWrJLTmFk_H6M1tkD9NpL7mXac0oVSXdFfjxR5AjcLwGSebOiGBsFzzcw3xKxvyC_6CFFG_/_CLK3981.jpg?format=1500w)

(https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5b9686151137a618f2786bde/1589587105770-RBMURBX2Q48AHTQNQ5QC/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kJK4Mm1kch8SFO9ZNkN1NT97gQa3H78H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLfrh8O1z5QHyNOqBUUEtDDsRWrJLTmFk_H6M1tkD9NpL7mXac0oVSXdFfjxR5AjcLwGSebOiGBsFzzcw3xKxvyC_6CFFG_/_CLK3999.jpg?format=1500w)

(https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5b9686151137a618f2786bde/1589587107331-MIL5FANJ8GMV674K7GCP/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kKILPeMZWzSgspLg2r3HyS57gQa3H78H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLfrh8O1z5QHyNOqBUUEtDDsRWrJLTmTl_ALRZE0UkEheIF40jl8hnCLDiSshJZKLfiLFnNVBD7Jux5-LmtvEgOmGeFMXP7/_CLK4015.jpg?format=1500w)

[Moderator edit: white space inserted between photos]
Title: Re: Glacial Memories - Alaska - 2018
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 22, 2020, 07:59:33 pm
Well seen.
I especially like the first and the last two.
Title: Re: Glacial Memories - Alaska - 2018
Post by: armand on May 22, 2020, 08:19:44 pm
Good stuff. I would suggest you leave a couple of spaces between the photos, wound be easier to see.
Title: Re: Glacial Memories - Alaska - 2018
Post by: ChanceKeso on May 22, 2020, 08:49:56 pm
Well seen.
I especially like the first and the last two.

Much appreciated!
Title: Re: Glacial Memories - Alaska - 2018
Post by: ChanceKeso on May 22, 2020, 08:50:57 pm
Good stuff. I would suggest you leave a couple of spaces between the photos, wound be easier to see.

 Thank you! I completely agree. Wasn't sure on the formatting. First time adding any photos. I'll make sure of it the next time around.
Title: Re: Glacial Memories - Alaska - 2018
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 23, 2020, 03:28:52 am
Thank you! I completely agree. Wasn't sure on the formatting. First time adding any photos. I'll make sure of it the next time around.

Done for you.

My favourite is the fourth.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Glacial Memories - Alaska - 2018
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 25, 2020, 04:11:59 am
Good set.
Title: Re: Glacial Memories - Alaska - 2018
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 25, 2020, 05:26:30 am
...I wanted them to have a cold and dark overall feel to them...

And succeeded. Nice set.
Title: Re: Glacial Memories - Alaska - 2018
Post by: Peter McLennan on May 25, 2020, 02:20:44 pm
Excellent work.  Thanks for emerging from the shadows!
Title: Re: Glacial Memories - Alaska - 2018
Post by: ChanceKeso on May 26, 2020, 11:19:50 am
Done for you.

My favourite is the fourth.

Jeremy

Much appreciated!

The fourth is also my favorite.
Title: Re: Glacial Memories - Alaska - 2018
Post by: ChanceKeso on May 26, 2020, 11:20:52 am
Excellent work.  Thanks for emerging from the shadows!

Thank you! Figured it was finally time..