Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: RSL on May 22, 2020, 10:14:14 am

Title: Alone
Post by: RSL on May 22, 2020, 10:14:14 am
.
Title: Re: Alone
Post by: armand on May 22, 2020, 11:25:52 am
I like the idea. Did you try positioning a touch more towards the center?
Title: Re: Alone
Post by: RSL on May 22, 2020, 11:55:15 am
I could have put it anywhere I wanted it. Why would I want it in the center?
Title: Re: Alone
Post by: armand on May 22, 2020, 12:11:13 pm
I said a touch towards the center, not in the center. It feels slightly out of balance, I wonder if a slightly different positioning would change that. I'm attaching a shot that I took many years ago to give you an idea what I have in mind.
Title: Re: Alone
Post by: RSL on May 22, 2020, 12:14:46 pm
What you have in mind and what I have in mind are two different things, Armand. I shot this because the sun was hitting it and raising it and its colors above the subdued green background. You just demonstrated why it doesn't work well in black and white.