Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: KMRennie on May 17, 2020, 02:33:42 pm

Title: Lockdown cycle in Cumbria
Post by: KMRennie on May 17, 2020, 02:33:42 pm
Unlike Dave I can't walk to stunning locations but can cycle to pleasant ones on my daily 15mile trip. I usually just take my phone but on this occasion the clouds looked promising so I carried my Fuji XE-1. Ken
Title: Re: Lockdown cycle in Cumbria
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 17, 2020, 02:59:05 pm
That is lovely!
Title: Re: Lockdown cycle in Cumbria
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on May 17, 2020, 03:08:36 pm
Unlike Dave I can't walk to stunning locations but can cycle to pleasant ones on my daily 15mile trip. I usually just take my phone but on this occasion the clouds looked promising so I carried my Fuji XE-1. Ken

I don't think it matters so much about where you can get to in the world Ken, as much as what you can see (photographically) when you are there and as shown by this image and pretty much every other image you post on here, you can definitely see (photographically)  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Lockdown cycle in Cumbria
Post by: sdwilsonsct on May 17, 2020, 06:15:15 pm
That is lovely!

Very.
Title: Re: Lockdown cycle in Cumbria
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 18, 2020, 04:53:11 am
Well done.
Title: Re: Lockdown cycle in Cumbria
Post by: Bob_B on May 18, 2020, 07:19:35 am
+1, and I love your b/w processing: spot on perfect.
Title: Re: Lockdown cycle in Cumbria
Post by: kers on May 18, 2020, 10:14:29 am
+1, and I love your b/w processing: spot on perfect.
+2 beautiful BW tones...
Title: Re: Lockdown cycle in Cumbria
Post by: guido on May 18, 2020, 11:23:58 am
Fine image Ken!
Title: Re: Lockdown cycle in Cumbria
Post by: RSL on May 18, 2020, 02:43:53 pm
A striking shot, Ken.
Title: Re: Lockdown cycle in Cumbria
Post by: langier on May 18, 2020, 04:27:10 pm
Nicely done, Ken!
Title: Re: Lockdown cycle in Cumbria
Post by: KMRennie on May 18, 2020, 07:02:41 pm
Thank you all for the comments. Dave I used to go to beautiful places and point my camera at the view and produce very ordinary pictures nowadays I carry the beauty around with me and see it in almost every location. Colour version attached, I seem to have got my mono eyes back. Ken
Title: Re: Lockdown cycle in Cumbria
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 18, 2020, 07:28:54 pm
The color version is nice, too, but the B&W one is outstanding.
Title: Re: Lockdown cycle in Cumbria
Post by: Peter McLennan on May 19, 2020, 08:36:40 pm
... the B&W one is outstanding.

+1.  The tonality on the field is superb.
Title: Re: Lockdown cycle in Cumbria
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on May 20, 2020, 10:14:35 am
 Ken, I'm usually not so crazy about B&W, but this one just sings when it's B&W!!  Well done again Sir!
Title: Re: Lockdown cycle in Cumbria
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on May 20, 2020, 02:56:58 pm
...I used to go to beautiful places and point my camera at the view and produce very ordinary pictures nowadays I carry the beauty around with me and see it in almost every location.

Totally agree Ken, as that is exactly what we should all be striving to do ;)

Dave