Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on May 15, 2020, 09:08:07 pm

Title: In the swamp
Post by: armand on May 15, 2020, 09:08:07 pm
In the swamp

(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p3896550920-5.jpg)
Title: Re: In the swamp
Post by: armand on May 17, 2020, 03:24:13 pm
A wider frame

(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p3897209907-5.jpg)
Title: Re: In the swamp
Post by: KLaban on May 17, 2020, 03:43:41 pm
Dark place.

I prefer the narrower frame.
Title: Re: In the swamp
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 17, 2020, 05:37:46 pm
They are so different it's hard to choose.
I guess I'll go with Keith's choice: #2.
Title: Re: In the swamp
Post by: John R on May 17, 2020, 05:56:06 pm
I like the wider frame, because I think the green moss by its colour alone is very dominant. But in the landscape view it is smaller and better balanced within the whole of the setting and therefore allows the other parts of the environment to play their role.

JR
Title: Re: In the swamp
Post by: armand on May 17, 2020, 10:39:39 pm
Thank you.

I do prefer the first; the second gives more context but it probably is too cluttered. I tried different ways to frame it but I wasn't really happy with neither.
Title: Re: In the swamp
Post by: KLaban on May 18, 2020, 02:45:12 am
Just to be clear it is the portrait orientation shot that I prefer.
Title: Re: In the swamp
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 18, 2020, 03:32:38 am
Just to be clear it is the portrait orientation shot that I prefer.

I agree. The other just dilutes the impact of the log.

Jeremy
Title: Re: In the swamp
Post by: T1MC0LE on May 21, 2020, 05:44:31 pm
I really like the wider landscape frame. It makes the colour of the moss on the log feel more unique in its surrounding watery environment.
Title: Re: In the swamp
Post by: brandtb on May 21, 2020, 09:18:15 pm
Nice image that first one
Title: Re: In the swamp
Post by: armand on May 22, 2020, 10:59:50 am
Thank you all!