Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: KLaban on May 10, 2020, 06:42:41 am

Title: Dark Times 6
Post by: KLaban on May 10, 2020, 06:42:41 am
Dark Times 6. Nikon Z7 with my ancient Micro-NIKKOR 55mm f/2.8 Ai-S with FTZ adapter.

(https://www.keithlaban.co.uk/Covid-19_Katydid.jpg)

Really needs to be seen at 100%. See the following link for a full size crop 100% Crop (https://www.keithlaban.co.uk/Covid-19_Katydid_Crop.jpg). Click on image to see full size.
Title: Re: Dark Times 6
Post by: kers on May 10, 2020, 08:19:18 am
very nice! in some way...

Who is in it?
Title: Re: Dark Times 6
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 10, 2020, 09:45:02 am
Wow!
Scary!
Title: Re: Dark Times 6
Post by: RSL on May 10, 2020, 10:00:32 am
Run for it!
Title: Re: Dark Times 6
Post by: John R on May 10, 2020, 01:19:05 pm
Yes! Is that a faint glass reflection around the head?

JR
Title: Re: Dark Times 6
Post by: KLaban on May 10, 2020, 01:45:48 pm
very nice! in some way...

Who is in it?

Thanks, I'll keep the subject's identity to myself so as to protect the privacy of the innocent.

;-)
Title: Re: Dark Times 6
Post by: KLaban on May 10, 2020, 01:48:19 pm
Yes! Is that a faint glass reflection around the head?

JR

John it's a faint shadow which I decided to leave as is: to my mind it adds to the menace.
Title: Re: Dark Times 6
Post by: T1MC0LE on May 26, 2020, 06:55:01 am
What a creature! Is this part of a wider collection?
Title: Re: Dark Times 6
Post by: Rob C on May 26, 2020, 07:09:29 am
Sci-Fi movies have nothing on Nature!

Imagine if these things were the size of a dog - or donkey. Or that there were spiders that could bring down a horse?

Thank God for evolution - and no, I don't think that a paradox.

Rob
Title: Re: Dark Times 6
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 26, 2020, 07:56:42 am
I can only wish that the UK ends your house arrest soon.
Title: Re: Dark Times 6
Post by: Rob C on May 26, 2020, 08:43:33 am
I can only wish that the UK ends your house arrest soon.

They can only pull that off if they send somebody over here to buy the apartment at my desired/required price and not just be sniffing the market for distress sales. Not there quite yet!

However, as I'd probably be going back to the Glasgow area, I'd most likely find myself right back where I was in '81 but a helluva lot older, without the studio alongside the house, and without the photo contacts... they're all dead, out of business or have been taken over by bean counters... I can hear myself already: why the fuck did you leave the Med? You dickhead! Didn't you learn anything?

Oh well, I suppose I could always revel in being the misfit yet again. Look on the bright side.

:-)