Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: churly on May 06, 2020, 05:49:50 pm

Title: Spring Lupines
Post by: churly on May 06, 2020, 05:49:50 pm
These are all experiments aimed at defining an efficient general work flow.  They have some flaws but I'm starting to get the hand of it.
Any thoughts are welcome.

Chuck
Title: Re: Spring Lupines
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 07, 2020, 08:40:40 am
A fine set.
Title: Re: Spring Lupines
Post by: sdwilsonsct on May 07, 2020, 04:14:16 pm
Nice. I especially like the simplicity of #3.
Title: Re: Spring Lupines
Post by: churly on May 08, 2020, 05:10:02 pm
Eric and Scott - thanks for your comments they are always appreciated.

Chuck

Title: Re: Spring Lupines
Post by: John R on May 08, 2020, 05:27:22 pm
I think the latter one really glows and comes to life.

JR
Title: Re: Spring Lupines
Post by: PeterAit on May 12, 2020, 11:18:21 am
I agree about #3. Lovely work. Did you use a tripod?
Title: Re: Spring Lupines
Post by: churly on May 13, 2020, 12:26:06 pm
The 'vote' seems to be unanimous for #3.  My favorite as well.  Thanks for the comments.

Peter - no tripod on this one, just a handheld focus stack but I was laying on the ground so the elbows make for some stabilization.  I have sort of given up using a tripod for macro.  I've tried a couple different approaches but they all seem to make finding a composition cumbersome.  Even a bean bag is limiting.