Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: PeterAit on May 05, 2020, 12:23:08 pm

Title: Columbine flowers
Post by: PeterAit on May 05, 2020, 12:23:08 pm
At Sandy Creek Park, Durham. Sony a7-r3, Voigtlander 110mm f/2.5 macro.
Title: Re: Columbine flowers
Post by: degrub on May 05, 2020, 01:40:46 pm
Always liked the colour from the old V’s. This one is pretty good on the Sony.
Lovely shots. Hand held or tripod ?
Title: Re: Columbine flowers
Post by: PeterAit on May 05, 2020, 04:10:01 pm
Always liked the colour from the old V’s. This one is pretty good on the Sony.
Lovely shots. Hand held or tripod ?

Hand held. Since I discovered Topaz denoise, I am not as hesitant to use high ISOs -- this was 2000. So, I had a high shutter speed and reasonable DOF. I did not realize that this was an "old" lens, but I love it!
Title: Re: Columbine flowers
Post by: degrub on May 05, 2020, 09:07:16 pm
my understanding is it is a new V for the Sony mount similar to the old versions. i have the nikon mount version from years ago adapted to my m4/3 camera. Very close to APO and nice colour rendition as a result.