Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: gchappel on May 04, 2020, 10:23:58 pm
-
I give out photo note cards to family and friends, print them by the dozens to hundreds at times.
I usually use red river polar matte card stock.
Using the pro-1000 it seems that the only way I can print on any matte paper is through the manual feed slot, one at a time.
Is there a way to print from the top feed slot on small 7x10" matte papers?
Using the rear manual feed works great- but one at a time. I tried to print a couple of dozen cards, but had to stand there and feed them one at a time and then push the manual feed button. Took over an hour- not sustainable.
Any ideas? I could consider switching to a non matte paper, but that would not work well for my purpose.
Thanks for any ideas.
Gary
-
I give out photo note cards to family and friends, print them by the dozens to hundreds at times.
I usually use red river polar matte card stock.
Using the pro-1000 it seems that the only way I can print on any matte paper is through the manual feed slot, one at a time.
Is there a way to print from the top feed slot on small 7x10" matte papers?
Using the rear manual feed works great- but one at a time. I tried to print a couple of dozen cards, but had to stand there and feed them one at a time and then push the manual feed button. Took over an hour- not sustainable.
Any ideas? I could consider switching to a non matte paper, but that would not work well for my purpose.
Thanks for any ideas.
Gary
The only way to use the top feed tray is to use a media type that supports it. Like the "Heavyweight Fine Art Paper" media type. But you will have to make an appropriate icc profile.
-
Thanks for the guidance.
I will give that a try, luckily they do not have to be perfect.
I never understood why canon would limit the printer so much, but what do I know.
Gary
-
The only way to use the top feed tray is to use a media type that supports it. Like the "Heavyweight Fine Art Paper" media type. But you will have to make an appropriate icc profile.
Correct! I print cards using Museo card stock though they are discontinuing manufacturing this I have a couple of boxes. It is a matte finish which I like. I created my own profile with ArgyllCMS and get good color reproduction. I use the 'Matte Photo Paper' setting and usually load five cards at a time for printing. It works fine this way.
-
Thanks again. I will give it a try in the next day or so. I do not make my own profiles, but I'll play a little. These are note cards so color accuracy will not be paramount to success.
Gary
-
Heavyweight fine art paper worked great. I just let printer/driver manage color- wife thinks they look great.
Perfect match, no but they look realistic and certainly fine for small 5x7" note cards.
Thanks again, I have 60 of these to print and did not want to stand there printing one at a time.
Gary