Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: artinkprint on May 01, 2020, 09:33:50 pm

Title: Got a few Epson wide formats printers collecting dust?
Post by: artinkprint on May 01, 2020, 09:33:50 pm

What do you do with your "out of service" printers around the studio?

I found the cost to repair exceeds the cost of a new printer, so I find myself in the possession of two (not working for production) 44" Epson stylus printers.

I'm keeping one for parts (the P9000) as I have a new P9000 coming next week, and thinking about pulling one apart (9890) and learn a thing or two about the inner workings. I just found the service manual, so all set for some exploring. Always good to have a few extra spindle ends.

Has anyone parted one out? Any other ideas?



Title: Re: Got a few Epson wide formats printers collecting dust?
Post by: mearussi on May 01, 2020, 10:08:03 pm
Post on Craigslist: "Free to good home." I've gotten rid of every one of them that way.