Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: John Hollenberg on May 01, 2020, 05:37:51 pm

Title: Horizontal Banding on ipf6300 Color Gradients
Post by: John Hollenberg on May 01, 2020, 05:37:51 pm
After getting a new printhead for my ipf6300 everything looked fine when I printed the Onsite Evaluation Target.  A week later I printed the target again and saw very obvious banding in the green and cyan color gradients (area with horizontal banding shown on attachment.  Note that this is not a photo of the banding).  I printed the target again and it was a lot less.  Printed a third time and banding was gone.  Any thoughts on the cause?  Does this mean my other printhead is about to go?
Title: Re: Horizontal Banding on ipf6300 Color Gradients
Post by: mearussi on May 01, 2020, 08:14:03 pm
Have you done a nozzle check, especially the complete one in maintenance mode?
Title: Re: Horizontal Banding on ipf6300 Color Gradients
Post by: John Hollenberg on May 01, 2020, 08:35:44 pm
I haven't done a nozzle check in years!  Almost forgot it could be useful.  Nozzle check in regular mode is perfect.  Nozzle check in service mode is also perfect, which is a surprise to me.