Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Dinarius on May 01, 2020, 04:00:21 am

Title: NIK Collection - reopening for second edit. Possible?
Post by: Dinarius on May 01, 2020, 04:00:21 am
When I open a file in Nik from PS CC, it immediately creates a new layer.

After I've made edits in Nik and returned to PS, the layer is there.

Is it possible to make a second round trip to Nik from this layer, to make new changes, or must I delete the Nik layer in PS and start again?

Many thanks.

D.
Title: Re: NIK Collection - reopening for second edit. Possible?
Post by: fdisilvestro on May 01, 2020, 04:47:11 am
You need to use Nik as a smart filter in order to do that, otherwise the changes are "baked" in the layer
Title: Re: NIK Collection - reopening for second edit. Possible?
Post by: Dinarius on May 01, 2020, 05:10:20 am
You need to use Nik as a smart filter in order to do that, otherwise the changes are "baked" in the layer

Thanks.

Or, I guess I can delete the NIK layer and start again.

But, worth remembering your tip when I've added layers on top of the NIK layer.

Thanks again.

D.
Title: Re: NIK Collection - reopening for second edit. Possible?
Post by: langier on May 01, 2020, 09:45:25 pm
Another approach is to run a different filter/settings on your orginal image, then toggle the two modified images to compare different effects on your final image. You can also run Nik again on the new layer with different settings and push things even further.

Sometimes "happy accidents" are discovered in obtuse ways!