Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Neil Williams on April 28, 2020, 12:38:47 am

Title: Trains Anyone
Post by: Neil Williams on April 28, 2020, 12:38:47 am
A few train shots taken in Dartmoor
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/ed1gk18t5mgj5af/Neil%27s_Photography_September-11%2C-2015_NDW05238.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1m927wu2g3mtrv/Neil%27s_Photography_September-11%2C-2015_NDW05252.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/euhoqc1qxg1822i/Neil%27s_Photography_September-11%2C-2015_NDW05260.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jnjeg7h3csa9a3/Neil%27s_Photography_July-03%2C-2016_L1007452.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqfmxa6ynmiscuz/Neil%27s_Photography_September-11%2C-2015_NDW05207.jpg?raw=1)
Neil
Title: Re: Trains Anyone
Post by: francois on April 28, 2020, 05:09:56 am
I love these old, steam trains… I especially like the look of the driver… shades of Casey Jones, I guess!
Title: Re: Trains Anyone
Post by: Neil Williams on April 29, 2020, 09:51:15 pm
Some from Scotland on the Jacobite
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/av403hlurw3uqc8/Ready-for-Print-NDW0158.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzv9igt24z9tqa8/Neil%27s_Photography_August-30%2C-2015_NDW02832-Edit-Edit.jpg?raw=1)
Neil
Title: Re: Trains Anyone
Post by: RSL on April 30, 2020, 07:54:53 am
Wonderful stuff, Neil. In the U.S. this kind of thing is long gone. I can vaguely remember traveling from Michigan to Arizona on a train in about 1938. It was a wonderful experience. The dining car was similar to what you've shown here. The other thing that's missing is the far, far away sound of steam whistles on the prairie. Nowadays we're more efficient and less poetic.