Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Michael West on April 23, 2020, 08:05:00 pm

Title: "social" distancing II
Post by: Michael West on April 23, 2020, 08:05:00 pm
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49811956377_abda695c94_o.jpg)
Title: Re: "social" distancing II
Post by: francois on April 24, 2020, 06:08:25 am
Spectacular… Distancing also happens in the sky.
I love the "rhythm" of those clouds…
Well seen.
Title: Re: "social" distancing II
Post by: Rob C on April 24, 2020, 06:49:21 am
Very unusual sky!

Today, I can see but a single contrail in the sky, much as yesterday. I am starting to enjoy this new virginity of Nature.

Rob
Title: Re: "social" distancing II
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 24, 2020, 07:28:13 am
Those look like Kelvin-Helmholtz clouds. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2015/07/14/kelvin-helmholtz-instability/)
Title: Re: "social" distancing II
Post by: Michael West on April 28, 2020, 10:21:34 pm
Those look like Kelvin-Helmholtz clouds. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2015/07/14/kelvin-helmholtz-instability/)


thanks, yes the do. 
Title: Re: "social" distancing II
Post by: Michael West on April 28, 2020, 10:23:47 pm
Spectacular… Distancing also happens in the sky.
I love the "rhythm" of those clouds…
Well seen.

with fewer and fewer people our and about I find im able to concentrate on looking...with no distractions.