Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: maktime on December 04, 2006, 07:45:34 pm

Title: Calibrating Eizo S1931 with eyeone display 2 help!
Post by: maktime on December 04, 2006, 07:45:34 pm
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the LCD panels. But have heard alot of good things about the eizos and have they have been recommended to me lots too. So I went ahead and got the bottom of the range Eizo as I can't afford the more expensive models

I wanted to ask if anyone has exp calibrating the eizos in general or even better yet the s1931 model with the i1 color match software?

I'm using the i1 color match software. And when I went into advanced to do the calibration. I tried looking for the contrast controls in the OSD. But can't seem to find it? And also when calibrating the color do you use the "gain" controls?

Thanks for your help guys.

Berry
Title: Calibrating Eizo S1931 with eyeone display 2 help!
Post by: digitaldog on December 04, 2006, 09:23:59 pm
Set the software to Native gamma and native whitepoint. Pick a luminance around 110-120 cd/m2 and don't mess with anything other than the backlight intensity control (assuming its properly labeled).
Title: Calibrating Eizo S1931 with eyeone display 2 help!
Post by: maktime on December 04, 2006, 10:10:40 pm
Quote
Set the software to Native gamma and native whitepoint. Pick a luminance around 110-120 cd/m2 and don't mess with anything other than the backlight intensity control (assuming its properly labeled).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=88704\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the help. I'll try re-calibrating it again. I just did a "LCD" auto adjustment.

WIll try your suggestion. So just set eyeone match to native gamma and native white point. I remember luminence was in dot numbers e.g 2.2, 2.1 will check it out though.

Cheers,

Berry
Title: Calibrating Eizo S1931 with eyeone display 2 help!
Post by: Nill Toulme on December 05, 2006, 09:21:36 am
Make sure you have the latest version of Match, which is I believe 3.6 or maybe 3.61, something like that.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net (http://www.toulme.net)
Title: Calibrating Eizo S1931 with eyeone display 2 help!
Post by: maktime on December 05, 2006, 05:38:36 pm
Quote
Make sure you have the latest version of Match, which is I believe 3.6 or maybe 3.61, something like that.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net (http://www.toulme.net)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=88776\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yup I downloaded the latest version and have recalibrated as per instructions with the "native white point" and "Native gamma" with a lumi of 120.
Looks good to me but will have to test with a few prints to see how good it looks

thanks for your help guys!

Berry
Title: Calibrating Eizo S1931 with eyeone display 2 help!
Post by: Nill Toulme on December 05, 2006, 05:50:00 pm
Note that the "correct" luminance value has as much to do with your ambient lighting as anything else.  120 is a reasonable starting point, but I work in a fairly dim room and have settled on 100.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net (http://www.toulme.net)