Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: John V. on April 17, 2020, 05:27:10 pm
-
Curious, anyone using their aqueous ink machines for commercial printing applications? I'm pretty familiar with the limitations of water-based inks, buy there has to be some profitable commercial uses for them, right?
John V.
-
Over 1000' of self adhesive printed cut vinyl, 10,000 sq ft of exhibition printed material in the last year from a Canon 44".
Pays the bills - is that commercial?
-
Curious, anyone using their aqueous ink machines for commercial printing applications? I'm pretty familiar with the limitations of water-based inks, buy there has to be some profitable commercial uses for them, right?
John V.
Past 10 years, many thousands of prints, largest 13m of a 64” roll. Yes profitable.
-
More than a couple of dozen rolls of canvas the last 3 years for hospital wall art. Several clients that order store advertising banners on PhotoTex.
I researched Latex and Solvent machines this past summer. I have a dozen samples here from multiple machines and none of them hold up to my pigment prints.
-
Depends a bit what you want to do, but most jobs can be done on a aqueous machine as well.
In my opinion the aqueous printers offer way more value for their money than solvent printers.
Only downside of aqueous is vulnerability. But you can resolve this using liquid laminate.