Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on April 14, 2020, 04:22:23 pm

Title: YAP
Post by: armand on April 14, 2020, 04:22:23 pm
Yet another pano. It just so happens that, while looking through the 2019 photos to select some for a photo album, I found these files that never made it into a pano.
Title: Re: YAP
Post by: francois on April 15, 2020, 04:18:53 am
I like the ominous sky with the light just behind the clouds…
Well done.
Title: Re: YAP
Post by: Bob_B on April 15, 2020, 08:35:42 am
Yes, well done indeed
Title: Re: YAP
Post by: degrub on April 15, 2020, 10:12:40 am
reminds me of the shots of Mordor in Lord of the Rings movie
Title: Re: YAP
Post by: armand on April 15, 2020, 02:30:20 pm
Thank you. I realized I did have a pano made after all, but somehow ended in a different folder. I feel LR screwed up at some extent with my catalog, it kept missing some photos and they (and many others) showed up after I checked the "treat jpeg as separate". Problem was none of those hidden or neglected during synchronization was actually a jpeg associated with a raw file.

I'm attaching the initial pano; again, my second take was made in PTGui and was able to use more of the frame.
Title: Re: YAP
Post by: RBFritz on April 15, 2020, 03:32:02 pm
Like It
Title: Re: YAP
Post by: MattBurt on April 15, 2020, 04:36:45 pm
Nice one. Both versions!
I love it when I find the ingredients for a pano I never stitched. It's like a time capsule gift!
Title: Re: YAP
Post by: armand on April 15, 2020, 05:35:01 pm
Thank you!

Yes, I don't find many untouched pano shots (more commonly focus stacks) but looking at how few years can lead to better outcomes I should look into the older ones anyway.