Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MattBurt on April 14, 2020, 12:44:27 pm

Title: Pink Moon pano
Post by: MattBurt on April 14, 2020, 12:44:27 pm
I stitched together this pano in Lightroom recently. The photos are from full Pink Moon moonrise last week.
The mountain in the middle is called Tomichi Dome and the one on the right is Mt. Ouray (pronounced yoo-ray) which is just 40' or so shy of being a 14er.
For fresh air and exercise, I rode my bike the couple of miles to the trailhead and then hiked up a small mountain next to town.
It was a tough day and I lost a longtime friend to COVID-19 that day. I'll always think of Bob and his family when I look back on this photo.

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49770888551_c82d8cf618_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2iQ5Pb8)
Title: Re: Pink Moon pano
Post by: RSL on April 14, 2020, 02:36:57 pm
Absorb the beauty, Matt, and let it cushion the loss.
Title: Re: Pink Moon pano
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 14, 2020, 02:55:44 pm
Pano even better than the original post. Bravo.
Title: Re: Pink Moon pano
Post by: MattBurt on April 14, 2020, 03:20:58 pm
Thank you both.
I think I prefer this too. With the 300mm prime it was tough to get the composition I wanted with a single frame. Stitching a few together gave me more leeway to crop the composition I like best without the time pressure of the moon getting higher and brighter as I work it out.
Title: Re: Pink Moon pano
Post by: stevenfr on April 14, 2020, 04:00:27 pm
Fantastic congrats, sorry for the loss of your friend. Its a tough time. Stay safe.
Title: Re: Pink Moon pano
Post by: Craig Lamson on April 14, 2020, 05:16:27 pm
Well seen Matt and a fitting tribute to your fallen friend.

Isn’t it amazing what tools digital imaging have given us?
Title: Re: Pink Moon pano
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 15, 2020, 06:37:27 am
Love it. It has a becalming effect.
Title: Re: Pink Moon pano
Post by: MattBurt on April 15, 2020, 04:34:58 pm
Thanks for the comments on the photo and my friend. I appreciate it.