Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on April 10, 2020, 07:42:29 pm

Title: Flowers
Post by: armand on April 10, 2020, 07:42:29 pm
Experimenting with B&W processing in LR.
Title: Re: Flowers
Post by: Jonathan Cross on April 13, 2020, 02:50:01 pm
Just fancied this tulip we have grown with others the same in a pot in the garden.  Lockdown is a time to try some shots, so dug out a card to put behind, tiddled around with the tripod and tried a few images.

Best wishes,

Jonathan
Title: Re: Flowers
Post by: brandtb on April 14, 2020, 06:41:34 am
The end result is really good. Re. positioning - I would have added a small fraction more "image" on right side of frame...feels very slightly "pushed" to right
Title: Re: Flowers
Post by: armand on April 20, 2020, 08:08:37 pm
One day apart, same lens and aperture
Title: Re: Flowers
Post by: francois on April 21, 2020, 06:26:16 am
Beautiful color combination… I like them a lot.
Title: Re: Flowers
Post by: armand on April 21, 2020, 08:06:48 pm
Thank you Francois! Quite a difference with just a slight change of light, distance and angle.

Some more from a walk in the forest
Title: Re: Flowers
Post by: armand on April 30, 2020, 02:14:19 pm
last year
Title: Re: Flowers
Post by: francois on May 01, 2020, 04:48:08 am
Another superb shot. The square ratio is perfect!
Title: Re: Flowers
Post by: armand on May 01, 2020, 04:03:13 pm
Another superb shot. The square ratio is perfect!

Thank you Francois!

Believe it or not this is my own orchid. I have several and despite terrible neglect they continue to bloom, quite a lot. This particular one doesn't bloom very often though.
Title: Re: Flowers
Post by: francois on May 02, 2020, 09:45:45 am
I like my mom's orchids (they also seem to bloom forever) but personally, I've got no luck with flower "maintenance".
Yours are superb - even with a bit of neglect ;-)
Title: Re: Flowers
Post by: RSL on May 02, 2020, 10:26:10 am
You probably could get a job shooting for a seed catalog, Armand.
Title: Re: Flowers
Post by: armand on May 03, 2020, 12:17:31 am
Thanks, luckily I don't have to so I get to enjoy only the hobby part of photography.
Title: Re: Flowers
Post by: armand on May 03, 2020, 12:29:58 am
Few tulips from my backyard
Title: Re: Flowers
Post by: armand on May 15, 2020, 08:10:31 pm
Gossip