Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on April 09, 2020, 01:48:12 pm

Title: Original vs remake
Post by: armand on April 09, 2020, 01:48:12 pm
There was a recent Grand Canyon shot here which made look back at my old Grand Canyon pano.
Alas, it was nowhere to be found, and I also recently deleted some really old backups so no hope there. I could only find a small jpeg on my site. Fortunately my original files are still available so I went through creating another pano, some 7+ years later now. Different software (initially went through PTGui this time instead of Photoshop). Technically I think it's clearly better but the mood was just not the same; I further played with individual colors and I think it's significantly closer now.
What do you think?

PS. As a side note PTGui was able to use more of the original shots, even after some subsequent warping in Photoshop
Title: Re: Original vs remake
Post by: degrub on April 09, 2020, 01:51:59 pm
the bumped clarity really helped. Nice !
Title: Re: Original vs remake
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 09, 2020, 02:16:43 pm
the bumped clarity really helped. Nice !
Yes!
Title: Re: Original vs remake
Post by: armand on April 09, 2020, 07:36:38 pm
Thank you! I'm worried it might have too much clarity.
Title: Re: Original vs remake
Post by: degrub on April 09, 2020, 08:52:04 pm
well. that is for another Havana and rum..... ;D
Title: Re: Original vs remake
Post by: kers on April 10, 2020, 08:37:29 pm
Remake has much better color and detail. Well done- the clarity -as small as I can see it-  is fine by me...
Title: Re: Original vs remake
Post by: francois on April 11, 2020, 06:44:53 am
Thumbs up for the new version.
Title: Re: Original vs remake
Post by: armand on April 11, 2020, 01:11:35 pm
Thank you.
I have the original version printed 3 feet in length and it looks quite good, there might be something wrong with the jpeg that I have left. Either way, the difference in quality between them is much more than I ever expected.