Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 08, 2020, 12:51:07 pm

Title: Crazy photographer: White Sands During a Sand Storm
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 08, 2020, 12:51:07 pm
Frans Waterlander's excellent "White Sands after storm" inspired me to g back to find some photos I took during a sand storm in White Sands in 2008. I was smart enough not to try to change a lens during the storm, but enough dust got in so that every sky for the rest of the trip required extensive spotting.

Here is what it looked like:
Title: Re: Crazy photographer: White Sands During a Sand Storm
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 08, 2020, 12:51:56 pm
And two more:
Title: Re: Crazy photographer: White Sands During a Sand Storm
Post by: digitaldog on April 08, 2020, 01:13:22 pm
I've gone there nearly every year for the last 6-7 (not 2019 when President Bone Spur shut it down) but never in a storm; my models don't like that. Just an amazing location with (thanks to all the white sand), great 'light'.
Title: Re: Crazy photographer: White Sands During a Sand Storm
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 08, 2020, 01:36:35 pm
I'm happy we were there long enough to have good weather, too. That place is truly gorgeous.