Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: churly on April 08, 2020, 10:02:23 am

Title: Ice Storm
Post by: churly on April 08, 2020, 10:02:23 am
A couple of shots from an ice storm last week.  I was doing a remote PhD exam and dashed out and grabbed these just as the light was beginning to disappear.

Chuck
Title: Re: Ice Storm
Post by: Rob C on April 08, 2020, 10:47:46 am
llustrates how I might feel regarding any PhD exam!

;-)
Title: Re: Ice Storm
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 08, 2020, 11:12:50 am
Lovely set, especially the second.

Do we now have to call you Dr. Chuck?
Title: Re: Ice Storm
Post by: churly on April 08, 2020, 12:51:12 pm
No, I've been Dr. Chuck since the late 1980's so I was on the other end of the stick.  Anyway no one uses the title anyway.  It was the first completely remote PhD exam that I have participated in so I was sitting at our dining room table watching the light come and go but, as I was chairing the exam, I couldn't sneak away for 10 minutes without everyone else knowing.  Remote exams aren't the best but we make do as we can in these times.

Chuck
Title: Re: Ice Storm
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 08, 2020, 01:04:50 pm
I like #3 very much.
Title: Re: Ice Storm
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 08, 2020, 01:08:52 pm
Good set, particularly the second.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Ice Storm
Post by: francois on April 09, 2020, 03:57:41 am
I love the second one but #1 and #3 are not that far behind. The light was just right!
Title: Re: Ice Storm
Post by: churly on April 09, 2020, 06:30:42 pm
Thanks all for having a look.  I'm hoping to make use of the 'distancing time' to do more shooting even if I am basically confined to our yard.

Chuck