Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: David Eckels on April 04, 2020, 01:07:40 pm

Title: Waterlines
Post by: David Eckels on April 04, 2020, 01:07:40 pm
.
Title: Re: Waterlines
Post by: Bob_B on April 05, 2020, 07:37:36 am
Love it! Have you considered the negative of the image?
Title: Re: Waterlines
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 05, 2020, 11:54:26 am
Love it! Have you considered the negative of the image?
It's good as it is, but Bob;s suggestion is a good one.
Title: Re: Waterlines
Post by: David Eckels on April 05, 2020, 07:40:43 pm
Thanks, guys. You mean like this? I started with color obviously and really was just farting around with B/W.
Title: Re: Waterlines
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 05, 2020, 09:47:21 pm
Yes! I like that even better than the original.
Title: Re: Waterlines
Post by: armand on April 06, 2020, 12:49:27 am
Yes! I like that even better than the original.

+1
Title: Re: Waterlines
Post by: Bob_B on April 06, 2020, 07:48:57 am
Yes! I like that even better than the original.
Yes, that's what I had in mind, and like your result very much.
Title: Re: Waterlines
Post by: David Eckels on April 06, 2020, 09:26:16 am
It does look like an abstract waterfall.
Title: Re: Waterlines
Post by: Rob C on April 06, 2020, 09:45:24 am
Diptyque, David?
Title: Re: Waterlines
Post by: David Eckels on April 06, 2020, 11:25:43 am
Diptyque, David?
Very interesting idea. I thought about that, Rob, and will have to order some matts/frames and do the experiment. Can't hurt. Maybe a triptych with the color version in the middle! Careful, David, let's not go crazy.  ;D