Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Vieri Bottazzini on April 03, 2020, 01:57:58 pm

Title: Seljalandsfoss at sunrise
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on April 03, 2020, 01:57:58 pm
Seljalandsfoss is just an amazing place to photograph, especially at sunrise when nobody is there and you have the place all for yourself. It's not easy to keep your filters clean, but the results are worth the pain. 2 seconds of exposure with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

(https://www.vieribottazzini.com/wp-content/uploads/X1D1_01820.jpg)

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Title: Re: Seljalandsfoss at sunrise
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 04, 2020, 04:55:32 am
Wonderful.
Title: Re: Seljalandsfoss at sunrise
Post by: francois on April 04, 2020, 07:05:20 am
Beautiful, the place looks so remote and sheltered from everything. Light is magic as usual ;-)
Title: Re: Seljalandsfoss at sunrise
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 04, 2020, 08:17:19 am
Beautiful. I was there in winter, when there was no access to the spot from which you took that shot. I must go back.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Seljalandsfoss at sunrise
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 04, 2020, 09:45:40 am
Wonderful.
+1.
Title: Re: Seljalandsfoss at sunrise
Post by: Peter McLennan on April 04, 2020, 11:44:49 pm
Best shot I've seen yet of that waterfall.  Congrats on your perseverance and photographic skills.
Title: Re: Seljalandsfoss at sunrise
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on April 09, 2020, 02:41:24 am
Wonderful.

Thank you very much Paulo, glad you enjoyed it! :) Best regards,

Vieri
Title: Re: Seljalandsfoss at sunrise
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on April 09, 2020, 02:42:26 am
Beautiful, the place looks so remote and sheltered from everything. Light is magic as usual ;-)

Thank you very much Francois, glad you liked it! :) That's a truly magical place, but is actually very close to the main road... to find peace, you need to go out of "tourist hours" :D Best regards,

Vieri
Title: Re: Seljalandsfoss at sunrise
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on April 09, 2020, 02:45:59 am
Beautiful. I was there in winter, when there was no access to the spot from which you took that shot. I must go back.

Jeremy

Hello Jeremy,

thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it! :) About the time of year, I have been there and able to get behind the waterfall in December, while I have been there in March and not being able to... it depends on how much snow they had, rather than on time of the year. I.e., this photograph has been taken on March 2 :) Best regards,

Vieri
Title: Re: Seljalandsfoss at sunrise
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on April 09, 2020, 02:46:21 am
+1.

Thank you very much Eric! :) Best regards,

Vieri
Title: Re: Seljalandsfoss at sunrise
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on April 09, 2020, 02:46:57 am
Best shot I've seen yet of that waterfall.  Congrats on your perseverance and photographic skills.

Thank you very much indeed Peter, that is very kind of you to say and really much appreciated! :) Best regards,

Vieri