Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: KLaban on April 02, 2020, 09:33:46 am

Title: Dark Times
Post by: KLaban on April 02, 2020, 09:33:46 am
The first in a new series I'm intending to shoot around my house and garden during the Covid-19 lockdown here in the UK.

Whilst most of my work has been centered on light, life, lives and colour, Dark Times has taken a turn towards the dark, death, decay and the monochromatic.

(https://www.keithlaban.co.uk/Covid-19_1.jpg)

Well, I've got to do something ;-)
Title: Re: Covid-19: In Lockdown
Post by: RSL on April 02, 2020, 09:39:07 am
It's a grand start, Keith.
Title: Re: Covid-19: In Lockdown
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 02, 2020, 09:44:04 am
Excellent.
Title: Re: Covid-19: In Lockdown
Post by: Rob C on April 02, 2020, 09:48:42 am
Terrifying!

Now it's becoming clearer to me why I hate being in forests.

:-(
Title: Re: Covid-19: In Lockdown
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 02, 2020, 10:56:55 am
Unsettling. I would rather see a corona image... looks cuter at least ;)
Title: Re: Covid-19: In Lockdown
Post by: KLaban on April 03, 2020, 05:21:12 am
Thanks for the comments, guys.

Rob, I've spent a lot of time over the years walking in woodlands, much of it uplifting. But yes, admittedly there have been times when I've been thoroughly spooked.

Slobodan, what can I say, All Things Bright and Beautiful always gave me stomach cramps.

I'll eventually post the series - as it develops - to my website, probably entitled Dark or Dark Times with a *NSFW warning.

*Not Safe For Wimps.

;-)