Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Alan Klein on March 28, 2020, 11:28:23 pm
-
A kind of morbid question. With coronavirus going around, how would you handle film out for processing at pro labs with package and handling going on at the developer and thru the shipping services? How do you disinfect processed film?
What about disinfecting camera equipment and other photographic supplies you've ordered? Most photographic supply and processing companies are in highly infected areas.
-
Leave it in the garage for 2 days before touching it.
-
Leave it in the garage for 2 days before touching it.
Is two days enough? I've been reading a lot depends on the surface material.
-
roger-cicala-breaks-down-the-dos-and-donts-of-cleaning-your-camera-gear-and-workspace (https://www.dpreview.com/news/0490616437/roger-cicala-breaks-down-the-dos-and-donts-of-cleaning-your-camera-gear-and-workspace)
-
Is two days enough? I've been reading a lot depends on the surface material.
That's correct, but most viruses will be dead or substantially weakened in 2-3 days.
-
Is two days enough? I've been reading a lot depends on the surface material.
I have been buying all my supplies, both Art and photo supplies for years. Now as in other such times, I open the boxes up and let them sit on the covered porch of my studio for five days.
Peter
-
The virus can survive on a hard surface for up to three days.