Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Kiwi Paul on March 26, 2020, 01:29:01 pm

Title: Is there a maximum folder size LR can handle?
Post by: Kiwi Paul on March 26, 2020, 01:29:01 pm
I've just created a folder with 732 jpgs that is 6.12GB in size.
I have several LR catalogs and exported select photos from each catalog into the folder, after each export the folder could be read.
However when I try to synchronize the folder in LR now LR just freezes and I have to close it.
I've rebooted my PC etc with no change.
I can see the folder and all the jpgs in Windows explorer and the folder and photos are fine and there is no corruption.
I've removed the folder from LR and then tried to add it bit LR just freezes and locks up.
So I'm wondering if there is a size limit for an individual folder as this folder is 6.12 GB, not incredibly large I would have thought but I don't know what else to think, can anyone advise please?

Paul
Title: Re: Is there a maximum folder size LR can handle?
Post by: digitaldog on March 26, 2020, 02:16:31 pm
IF there's a limit, you're not even close to it.
Try resetting your preferences.
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html
Title: Re: Is there a maximum folder size LR can handle?
Post by: Kiwi Paul on March 26, 2020, 05:30:12 pm
Problem solved.
I copied the folder to a memory stick and then added the folder from the memory stick and it worked fine.
So I then created a new folder with a different name on the same drive that I couldn't previously update the sync settings and moved the photos to it then imported them in LR and no problems it imported them immediately with no issues. So I don't know what the issue was but LR didn't like the original folder for some reason.
Title: Re: Is there a maximum folder size LR can handle?
Post by: [email protected] on March 27, 2020, 11:46:54 am
How full is your main drive?