Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: stockjock on March 19, 2020, 06:44:58 pm
-
I found a deal on some 50" paper so I'm going to attempt to cut it down with my table saw. I realize I probably won't achieve a perfect edge so I would like to cut it down to slightly wider than the 44" the printer is supposed to be able to handle and trim it more exactly later. Does anybody know if the Canon iPF8400 will feed a roll between 44-45"? Visual inspection suggests the paper path is wide enough but sensors etc.. might prevent feeding.
-
Do you have a mitre saw? Much safer. We cut a ton of stuff here with our mitre saw.
Mostly laminates and mounting adhesives.
We just put a piece of masking tape around the roll, mark the length and cut.
If the roll is deeper than the center shaft of the saw then you have to roll the roll slightly.
Find someone with a mitre saw if you do not have one then you can cut it to exactly 44"
-
Do you have a mitre saw? Much safer. We cut a ton of stuff here with our mitre saw.
Mostly laminates and mounting adhesives.
We just put a piece of masking tape around the roll, mark the length and cut.
If the roll is deeper than the center shaft of the saw then you have to roll the roll slightly.
Find someone with a mitre saw if you do not have one then you can cut it to exactly 44"
I know that the circular saw is less than optimal and poses some risk but I don't have access to any other tools and I can't justify buying a mitre saw for this one roll.