Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: JudyKonopka on March 13, 2020, 09:26:24 am

Title: Manual cleaning of Canon Pro 2000
Post by: JudyKonopka on March 13, 2020, 09:26:24 am
Has anyone done a manual cleaning of Canon Pro 200?
Title: Re: Manual cleaning of Canon Pro 2000
Post by: keithcooper on March 15, 2020, 01:12:54 pm
What do you actually mean by 'Manual cleaning'?

When I had one here I wiped bits down for paper dust, and I removed a head from my iPF8300 to clean it (and waste a stack of ink re-installing it)

Normally by the time a head check print fails it's a clue that a new head is needed soon ,since the Canon printers map out bad nozzles until there is no reserve left.
Title: Re: Manual cleaning of Canon Pro 2000
Post by: JudyKonopka on March 16, 2020, 11:08:55 am
What do you actually mean by 'Manual cleaning'?

When I had one here I wiped bits down for paper dust, and I removed a head from my iPF8300 to clean it (and waste a stack of ink re-installing it)

Normally by the time a head check print fails it's a clue that a new head is needed soon ,since the Canon printers map out bad nozzles until there is no reserve left.

I am having problems with it making a straining noise as the printhead movies.  Sometimes, I can also hear a "skip" in the printhead.  I had replaced the printhead twice. Once at my expense, and another from Canon free of charge because of this problem, but the printhead doesn't seem to be the problem. I was wondering if I could clean it like I do my Epson P800. That's all.
Title: Re: Manual cleaning of Canon Pro 2000
Post by: vikcious on March 17, 2020, 04:24:45 am
I am having problems with it making a straining noise as the printhead movies.  Sometimes, I can also hear a "skip" in the printhead.  I had replaced the printhead twice. Once at my expense, and another from Canon free of charge because of this problem, but the printhead doesn't seem to be the problem. I was wondering if I could clean it like I do my Epson P800. That's all.

That sounds more like an internal mechanical calibration fault and I have serious doubts a clean would help if not cause more deamge!