Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Neil Williams on March 05, 2020, 04:35:03 pm

Title: Cuteness on two legs
Post by: Neil Williams on March 05, 2020, 04:35:03 pm
Below are some pictures taken while visiting Sri Phangnga National Park in Southern Thailand.
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/dr485d3xqdcbohc/Neils-Photography-Bird-Hide-2020-%28103%29.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/abh6038mrv3gwp8/Neils-Photography-Bird-Hide-2020-%28954%29.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdmrkuwn3ry0lk0/Neils-Photography-Bird-Hide-2020-%28762%29.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdj2rm4miuwttfi/Neils-Photography-Bird-Hide-2020-%28433%29.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7iib6b9njhlxxh/Neils-Photography-Bird-Hide-2020-%2852%29.jpg?raw=1)

Full size images of my trip can be seen HERE (https://neilsphotography.co.uk/blogg/birds-of-southern-thailand/)
Neil
Title: Re: Cuteness on two legs
Post by: Arlen on March 05, 2020, 07:09:52 pm
Stunning birds, beautifully captured.
Title: Re: Cuteness on two legs
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 05, 2020, 07:18:03 pm
Stunning birds, beautifully captured.
+11.
Lovely!
Title: Re: Cuteness on two legs
Post by: armand on March 05, 2020, 07:25:18 pm
+11.
Lovely!

+ 1
Title: Re: Cuteness on two legs
Post by: Neil Williams on March 05, 2020, 10:40:02 pm
A few more
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/qd98h38abwecojt/Neils-Photography-Bird-Hide-2020-%28775%29.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/pv66ry83nni649k/Neils-Photography-Bird-Hide-2020-%28853%29.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4kaj3lfe2nu7xk/Neils-Photography-Bird-Hide-2020-%28917%29.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehpdx2ux4nlpek9/Neils-Photography-Bird-Hide-2020-%28593%29.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzgi5eumpgt70wq/Neils-Photography-Bird-Hide-2020-%28479%29.jpg?raw=1)
Neil
Title: Re: Cuteness on two legs
Post by: Dale Villeponteaux on March 07, 2020, 12:58:20 pm
Oh my, Glenn Bartley's crown is threatened!

Regards,
Dale
Title: Re: Cuteness on two legs
Post by: Neil Williams on March 07, 2020, 07:31:09 pm
They keep coming
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/eeahin1w3067mgj/Neils-Photography-Bird-Hide-2020-%28113%29.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/atqdz0bi573o1yu/Neils-Photography-Bird-Hide-2020-%28715%29.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdhndvi4je8klkz/Neils-Photography-Bird-Hide-2020-%2838%29.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0wqoagizg3zl37/Neils-Photography-Bird-Hide-2020-%281220%29.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp5jmeluvwe3qui/Neils-Photography-Bird-Hide-2020-%28539%29.jpg?raw=1)

I how you all enjoy

Neil
Title: Re: Cuteness on two legs
Post by: degrub on March 08, 2020, 12:10:43 am
What is the name of the blue falcon ?
Stunning shot !
Title: Re: Cuteness on two legs
Post by: Neil Williams on March 08, 2020, 12:20:13 am
What is the name of the blue falcon ?
Stunning shot !
it's a crested goshawk
Title: Re: Cuteness on two legs
Post by: rabanito on March 09, 2020, 11:24:39 am
Interesting. I've never seen one in blue.
How come?
Title: Re: Cuteness on two legs
Post by: armand on March 09, 2020, 11:53:36 am
Interesting. I've never seen one in blue.
How come?

A quick google led to this: https://www.alamy.com/crested-goshawk-in-the-nature-accipiter-trivirgatus-thailand-image255454221.html
Title: Re: Cuteness on two legs
Post by: rabanito on March 09, 2020, 12:01:15 pm
Really!
Thanks  :)
I'll start believing in black swans too...  ;)

(Just a little joke)
Title: Re: Cuteness on two legs
Post by: Neil Williams on March 09, 2020, 06:59:58 pm
Interesting. I've never seen one in blue.
How come?
I just double checked my white balance setting........the bird is defiantly blue. I wanted to get the whole bird but as I was shooting from a hide and the bird was only about3 meters awayI had the dreaded "Ive got to much length"...........Anyway I think the head shot looks pretty neat
Thanks for all the comments and feedback

Neil
Title: Re: Cuteness on two legs
Post by: rabanito on March 10, 2020, 07:24:59 am

Thanks for all the comments and feedback

Neil

I liked all the pics very much.
And in addition I learned something new to me  :)
Title: Re: Cuteness on two legs
Post by: Neil Williams on March 10, 2020, 06:52:55 pm
I keep finding more from my trip
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/znbxhmsvxm3og74/Neils-Photography-Bird-Hide-2020-%281011%29.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqsp2heqej35j6v/Neils-Photography-Bird-Hide-2020-%28422%29.jpg?raw=1)
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ug7cyja73oii84/Neils-Photography-Bird-Hide-2020-%28823%29.jpg?raw=1)
Enjoy Neil
Title: Re: Cuteness on two legs
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 11, 2020, 12:15:55 am
Fantastic series!
Title: Re: Cuteness on two legs
Post by: francois on March 11, 2020, 06:16:22 am
Fantastic series!

I can only and happily agree!
Title: Re: Cuteness on two legs
Post by: armand on March 11, 2020, 03:17:45 pm
Very nice!

I don't have the patience and desire to do this but I'm glad somebody does.