Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: AndrewMcD on March 01, 2020, 09:13:00 pm
-
I read the feedback here that the Windows driver for the Z9+ had issues, and isn't fully functional. Is that still the case, looking at the Canon Pro-4100 or the HP, no budget for the addition of a Mac to drive the HP.
-
That would interest me too. I plan to buy a Z9 + in the next 6 months.
Greetings Gerd
-
If an HP printer can’t communicate with an HP pc that would be very strange indeed.
That would interest me too. I plan to buy a Z9 + in the next 6 months.
Greetings Gerd
-
It is only a question of whether the HP printer driver for Windows is currently faulty.
There is no question that a Z9 + generally works with Windows.
Greetings Gerd
-
Well how could it not be fully functional? Hasn’t it been out over a year now?
It is only a question of whether the HP printer driver for Windows is currently faulty.
There is no question that a Z9 + generally works with Windows.
Greetings Gerd
-
If an HP printer can’t communicate with an HP pc that would be very strange indeed.
Actually I am not suprised at all because the HP PC department is totally seperated from the printer depeartment.
You can treat them as 2 different company who share the same mother company.
-
I wish HP will update the windows driver soon.
On windows I can't synchronize papers (grayed out on Designjet utility), so they don't appear in the paper list in the driver...
No issues on a Mac.
EDIT : issue solved with HP Print and Scan Doctor. Wrong Ports used at printer installation ?
-
Any update on whether the Windows HP Utility is fully functional for the Z9+? Report from December, 2019 by Mark Lindquist was that it wasn't working to make ICC profiles (although that may have been due to dual OS setup). You would think I wouldn't have to ask this question about a printer that was released almost 2 years ago but...
-
I'm not a beta tester (yet) because I don't own the printer. Making sure the profiling is working on Windows first would be an absolute requirement for me to buy the printer. It may be that the HP Utility works fine on a straight Windows machine (not dual OS), we just don't know because there aren't any reports either way.
Edit: Latest update for HP Utility on Windows is dated 1/30/20 so hopefully problem is fixed. Just not sure how to find out.