Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on February 28, 2020, 03:53:21 pm
-
Shot during a trip to Italy with my wife. It was a 6 week road trip to Puglia, Basilicata, Calabria, the Amalfi coast and Tuscany in mid January until the end of February. My wife said as this was her first time staying in an Agrotourismo just outside of Pienza in the country side that it was like staying inside a painting and right she was :) We cut the trip short by a few days as the Corona virus turned up its ugly head. We are back now in Copenhagen and hope we didn't catch the virus driving through Northern Italy.
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49593847647_4bc91f5b9a_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2iyrr5K)Rolling hills in Val d'Orcia (https://flic.kr/p/2iyrr5K) by Hans Kruse (https://www.flickr.com/photos/hkruse/), on Flickr
-
I do hope you and your wife are both healthy.
When I retired fifteen years ago, my wife planned a six-week Spring trip for us to Tuscany and Umbria, and we stayed in Agroturismos everywhere except in Florence. It was indeed a wonderful way to see the countryside and meet interesting local people, so I'm glad you experienced that.
The photo is, of course, a gorgeous demonstration of the magic of Tuscany.
-
Very nice, Hans.
-
Whenever I think you can’t do any better you prove me wrong.
-
Nice and soft colors. The landscape is always fantastic in Val d'Orcia.
Stay safe and virus free…
-
Thanks very much and so far so good :)
-
Whenever I think you can’t do any better you prove me wrong.
This!! All great Hans, thanks so much!
-
Excellent light.
-
Thanks :)
-
Wonderful picture....An Agrotourismo is the best way to go! Have done that a half dozen times now, look forward to going and doing that again.
Stay well,
Peter
-
Thanks :)