Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 22, 2020, 03:02:05 pm

Title: The exact moment that the rain finally stopped
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 22, 2020, 03:02:05 pm
And about ten minutes before it started to come down like the proverbial stair rods once again  :(

You know I thought I'd seen this river in full spate, but obviously not, as I have never seen it this high before.

Dave
Title: Re: The exact moment that the rain finally stopped
Post by: BAB on February 22, 2020, 03:54:20 pm
nice image dave I long to go to your area and shoot love the Isle of Skye
Title: Re: The exact moment that the rain finally stopped
Post by: guido on February 22, 2020, 04:19:23 pm
Lovely image Dave! You guys have been in my thoughts with all that rain...
Title: Re: The exact moment that the rain finally stopped
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 22, 2020, 05:56:10 pm
Turmoil above and below. Nicely captured.
Title: Re: The exact moment that the rain finally stopped
Post by: nirpat89 on February 23, 2020, 06:26:50 am
Very beautiful....your love of the nature and the landscape shows through the image. 

:Niranjan.
Title: Re: The exact moment that the rain finally stopped
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 23, 2020, 08:24:34 am
Turmoil above and below. Nicely captured.
+1.
I hope the lull in the rain lasts for a while.
Title: Re: The exact moment that the rain finally stopped
Post by: brandtb on February 23, 2020, 08:59:02 am
Nice one
Title: Re: The exact moment that the rain finally stopped
Post by: rabanito on February 23, 2020, 12:41:17 pm
Very beautiful
Title: Re: The exact moment that the rain finally stopped
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 23, 2020, 03:03:15 pm
Thanks everyone  ;D

Yes the weather has been pretty much wall to wall horrible since just before Christmas and all across the UK, what with three named storms barrelling through one after another without much of a lull, widespread flooding throughout the country and gale force winds in excess of 70mph lasting for weeks at a time, yes it has been grim. But I suppose one of the advantages of me living in the centre of what I believe to be the most photographic part of Scotland and arguably the whole of the UK, means I can nip out with my camera at a moments notice, if ever the weather allows me even the most briefest of respites.

nice image dave I long to go to your area and shoot love the Isle of Skye
Well I do have my 270 Photographers Guide for the Isle of Skye and the North West of Scotland launching very soon containing 343 photographs, in fact I have just received the very first print run shipment of 100 copies at the end of last week, and which I am now currently in the midst of setting up an Amazon page to sell it through, as well as my own web site to advertise it on and stocking it in various shops around the region. Took me nearly nine years to write this book and a frightening amount (10,000 hours at least) of screen time working on it, but then it does contain everything I know about photography and image processing (including a wide range of post processing techniques never discussed before), as well as every photogenic location I have ever discovered across something like a 15 to 20,000 square mile area of the North West Scotland - so watch this space as they say and I will announce it here when it goes live. Although I suppose I could start shipping out direct orders for it now to anyone here on Lula who might be interested, so if you are, then please email me at [email protected] so I can send you a 10 page preview of it first.

Oh and the retail price for the book is £24.95, which is more representative of the costs associated with a short run print job and the slice that Amazon will be taking from me than anything else  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: The exact moment that the rain finally stopped
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 26, 2020, 05:31:07 am
Well done.
Title: Re: The exact moment that the rain finally stopped
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 26, 2020, 02:48:17 pm
Well done.

Thank you Paulo  :)

Very beautiful....your love of the nature and the landscape shows through the image. 

:Niranjan.

Thank you for that Niranjan, it is very much appreciated  :)

And... if it wasn't for Slobodan telling me off for becoming all too saccharine (but in a nice way, coz you just gotta love him) for replying to each and every post individually, then I would certainly have done just that, but instead, suffice it say that I would like to thank you all for taking the time to comment  ;)

Dave