Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: KMRennie on February 15, 2020, 10:04:46 am

Title: Glencoe
Post by: KMRennie on February 15, 2020, 10:04:46 am
A 3 shot vertical panorama from highland Scotland taken on a day of sunshine and snow showers. Ken
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 15, 2020, 01:39:55 pm
Good catch.
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: guido on February 15, 2020, 05:06:04 pm
Brilliant image Ken!
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: Peter McLennan on February 15, 2020, 05:17:51 pm
Superb!
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: francois on February 16, 2020, 06:46:13 am
Spectacular image… and the water looks so cold brrrrr!
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 16, 2020, 01:09:12 pm
Great shot Ken, as always and well done for finding a different view of this location - bravo!

Dave
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 17, 2020, 04:24:34 am
Brilliant.
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: KMRennie on February 17, 2020, 10:11:30 am
Thanks everyone for commenting. Looking at this image now I think that I need to back the water colour off a little. Dave I did take the usual shots of the glen but decided to expore the river rather than my plans to go out on the Northern Ridge as I would have probably needed the mountain rescue people to get me back down in one piece. The images from close to "The Study" showing the all too frequent hail and snow showers that were flying up the glen. Ken
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 17, 2020, 03:03:43 pm
Not the finest hiking weather.
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 17, 2020, 05:22:40 pm
Lovely lines in 7150.
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: guido on February 17, 2020, 08:43:12 pm
At least you missed the bomb cyclone. Some major mudslides I hear... Taking the notion of Scottish weather up a few notches...
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: KMRennie on February 18, 2020, 06:47:41 am
At least you missed the bomb cyclone. Some major mudslides I hear... Taking the notion of Scottish weather up a few notches...
Guido I had to look up "bomb cyclone" only to discover that it passed me by leaving me thinking that it was just another winter storm. Storms in Scotland or indeed the North of England where I live are common, this last two were wetter than usual but 90+mph winds in winter in the North are not uncommon. Flooding has been the problem with each dropping approx. a months worth of rain in a day so many low lying areas have suffered. It is raining heavily again and is forecast to do so for most of this week so some unfortunate people will be watching the rivers rising and hoping that the defences hold, I wish them luck. Ken
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: francois on February 18, 2020, 08:35:50 am
I love the last two shots. It's exactly how I imagine winter in Scotland with that heavy sky.
Along with the first shot (Glencoe), you had a very nice set of images.