Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: sdwilsonsct on February 14, 2020, 11:34:17 am

Title: Evening Ridge
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 14, 2020, 11:34:17 am
I'm amazed at the variety of blues produced by unsettled skies.
Feedback welcome.
Title: Re: Evening Ridge
Post by: francois on February 14, 2020, 12:06:27 pm
Superb winter scenes, I love the soft shapes and, as mentioned, the different of tones. The sky on both is very cooperative!
I wish we had that amount of snow in the mountains here…

Bravo, Scott!
Title: Re: Evening Ridge
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 14, 2020, 05:14:42 pm
Superb winter scenes, I love the soft shapes and, as mentioned, the different of tones. The sky on both is very cooperative!
I wish we had that amount of snow in the mountains here…

Bravo, Scott!
+1.

I wish we had some photographable snow at all this winter near Boston. Every snow has been piddling and followed immediately by rain.   :'(
Title: Re: Evening Ridge
Post by: francois on February 15, 2020, 09:40:27 am
+1.

I wish we had some photographable snow at all this winter near Boston. Every snow has been piddling and followed immediately by rain.   :'(

At the very least, you had some snow even if it didn't last long  ;-)
Title: Re: Evening Ridge
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 15, 2020, 02:27:44 pm
Thanks, Francois! The average snowfall here is 13 m, and this year we're above average so far. Also the wind really coats the trees.

Eric: come and get some snow.  :)
Title: Re: Evening Ridge
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 15, 2020, 08:20:38 pm
Eric: come and get some snow.  :)
I wish I could!
Title: Re: Evening Ridge
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 16, 2020, 01:47:37 pm
Superb winter scenes, I love the soft shapes and, as mentioned, the different of tones. The sky on both is very cooperative!
I wish we had that amount of snow in the mountains here…

Bravo, Scott!

I particularly like the second one, excellent.

Dave
Title: Re: Evening Ridge
Post by: RMW on February 16, 2020, 03:02:23 pm
I find #2 my favorite. It's almost church like  figures in the foreground. Very effective.
Richard
Title: Re: Evening Ridge
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 16, 2020, 05:52:07 pm
Both lovely, but it's the first that particularly appeals to me.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Evening Ridge
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 16, 2020, 07:32:35 pm
Both lovely, but it's the first that particularly appeals to me.

Jeremy
I agree.
Title: Re: Evening Ridge
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 17, 2020, 04:21:28 am
Very good set.
Title: Re: Evening Ridge
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 17, 2020, 05:21:56 pm
Thanks, everyone. I think sometimes that #2 is too dark. That's what happens when shooting towards the sun.