Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: armand on February 11, 2020, 01:13:54 pm

Title: Layers
Post by: armand on February 11, 2020, 01:13:54 pm
Layers
Title: Re: Layers
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 11, 2020, 07:57:45 pm
I prefer the second, as it shows more layers.
Title: Re: Layers
Post by: francois on February 12, 2020, 04:30:40 am
Very interesting study of ridge lines! My heart is split between the first one (most abstract) and the second one.
Title: Re: Layers
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 12, 2020, 04:57:15 am
I find the second the least interesting of the three, because it seems to me to lack subtlety. My favourite is the first, partly because I think the third is just too blue.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Layers
Post by: armand on February 12, 2020, 01:34:37 pm
Thank you. The second is the least abstract and more like a proper landscape, I posted it because I like the difference between it and the third shot (it’s practically the same scene).
In the third the blue goes well with abstract nature. I could easily decrease it or go b&w but I like it this way.
Title: Re: Layers
Post by: armand on February 13, 2020, 02:43:33 pm
A different type of layers, the opposite side of the same peak
Title: Re: Layers
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 13, 2020, 06:32:07 pm
I like this a lot.

And I have rethought my feelings about the previous three. I think that on different days I might prefer any one of the three, depending on my mood. 
Title: Re: Layers
Post by: armand on February 17, 2020, 04:23:23 pm
Thank you Eric
Title: Re: Layers
Post by: francois on February 18, 2020, 08:38:35 am
I like the new one too.... It's the least abstract but the different layers are obvious and provide a good depth.