Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: John Hollenberg on February 06, 2020, 12:22:53 pm
-
Here is a review by Scott Martin of Onsight:
https://www.on-sight.com/xrite-i1pro3-standard-aperture-review/
-
I've also just published a look at the i1Pro3 to go along with the i1Pro3+ one from a few months ago
http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/x-rite-i1photo-pro-3-review/
http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/x-rite-i1photo-pro-3-plus-review/
The kit I've got here is from beta testing I've been doing for a while, so whilst I'm told it's essentially what's now shipped, I've not included any detailed quantitative analysis
-
I am using the i1 pro3 std already and the patch size needs to be a bit larger than the default. This will eliminatie these measurement errors. Is also true for the i1pro2.
Thusfar little difference in results compared to the i1pro2.
-
I've also just published a look at the i1Pro3 to go along with the i1Pro3+ one from a few months ago
http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/x-rite-i1photo-pro-3-review/
http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/x-rite-i1photo-pro-3-plus-review/
The kit I've got here is from beta testing I've been doing for a while, so whilst I'm told it's essentially what's now shipped, I've not included any detailed quantitative analysis
hello
you said :
Minimal Patch Size in Spot Mode: 6 x 6 mm (0.24” x 0.24”) (Width x Height)
Minimal Patch Size in Scanning Mode: 6 x 7 mm (0.24” x 0.28”) (Width x Height) with i1iO; 7 x 7 mm (0.28” x 0.28”) (Width x Height) with sensor ruler; 10 x 7 mm (0.40” x 0.28”) (Width x Height) without sensor ruler
x-rite said : Minimal Patch Size in Spot Mode
14 x 14 mm (0,55” x 0,55”) (largeur x hauteur)
Minimal Patch Size in Scanning Mode:
16 x 16 mm (0,63” x 0,63”) (largeur x hauteur) avec i1iO
Who is right about that?
-
The only one right is XRite. The i1Pro3+ has different aperture specs than the i1Pro3(std)
The I1Pro3Std has a 4.5mm aperture, so patches of 8.3 to 8.5 should be ok, 8.5 if you want to stick to the ISO standard.
-
ok. I understand. I didn’t know that x-rite also had a i1pro3 standard. thanks for the clarification