Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on February 03, 2020, 02:43:42 pm

Title: Fall
Post by: armand on February 03, 2020, 02:43:42 pm
Fall colors - with little to no snow I'm starting to miss the colors
Title: Re: Fall
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 03, 2020, 04:20:55 pm
Nice set, Armand.
I know the feeling. No snow or colors here in the U.S. Northeast either.
Title: Re: Fall
Post by: armand on February 03, 2020, 09:41:33 pm
Thanks Eric, it’s forcing me to go back to older shots and I discover nice ones that I forgot to finish. No wonder I have way too many photos, and I think it’s too late for any significant culling now.
Title: Re: Fall
Post by: John R on February 03, 2020, 11:13:27 pm
Armand, on my screen all these image are quite soft, is there a reason for this? I understand you have the Nikon Z7 with 45 meg files, could this be factor?

JR
Title: Re: Fall
Post by: armand on February 04, 2020, 12:01:52 pm
Armand, on my screen all these image are quite soft, is there a reason for this? I understand you have the Nikon Z7 with 45 meg files, could this be factor?

JR

While I had the Z7 with me all these shots were taken with a Sony RX10iv. Not the sharpest shots to start with and I made of point in postprocessing to go for a slightly softer look but I don't think they are that bad. Here is a 100% screenshot from one of them.
They are also quite compressed, first two being shot at 300+ mm equiv while the last two were taken at 85mm and 120mm. Overall I think they should be good enough for at least a 13x19.
Title: Re: Fall
Post by: armand on February 04, 2020, 12:06:59 pm
PS. for reference, the above crop's long edge is 14% of the original size
Title: Re: Fall
Post by: armand on February 11, 2020, 01:17:32 pm
..