Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Len R on February 02, 2020, 10:03:56 pm

Title: Migration Trouble
Post by: Len R on February 02, 2020, 10:03:56 pm
I’ve been using LR 7.5 on a 2008 Mac Pro with El Capitan. Trying to migrate the catalog to LR 9.1 on a 2019 Mac Pro. I copied the current LR catalog to an external drive, then copied it from there onto an internal drive on the new computer, and in preferences set that catalog to be what LR 9.1 uses when it opens. However I get an error message “Unexpected error opening catalog”. I tried “import from catalog” to merge it with the new 9.1 catalog, and get the message : not a valid lightroom catalog. Can anyone help me solve this?

Many thanks!!

Len
Title: Re: Migration Trouble
Post by: john beardsworth on February 03, 2020, 04:49:48 am
Screenshots would help. The messages might mean what they say, so let's see the Finder window with the catalog.
Title: Re: Migration Trouble
Post by: Len R on February 05, 2020, 07:10:01 pm
Thanks John. I redid the migration, this time moving over only the .lrcat, without any other associated files, such as previews, etc., and it worked fine.

Len